When it comes to bass fishing, A good Spincast Reels can be very helpful to catch fishes easily. Many amatures do a mistake, they choose a bad spincast reel but we will discuss today the top 3 best spincast reels for bashing fishing in 2018.
Best Spincast Reels Brands 2018
- Pflueger – Pflueger made their first reel in 1916 in Akron, Ohio. They have been one of the premier reel-making companies in the fishing world Since 1916.
- Shimano – Shimano is a Japanese company that makes reels of all kinds. They produce from saltwater to freshwater, cheap to expensive. Shimano provides quality reels for anglers of all levels.
- Penn –Penn is most renowned for manufacturing quality reels and rods for all fishing purposes.They are a manufacturer of fishing tackle based in Spirit Lake, Iowa.
- Daiwa – Daiwa is a brand owned by Japanese company Globeride. Under the Daiwa brand, they make some of the best fishing reels in the world. It becomes one of the most famous companies in the realm of fishing accessories.
- Abu Garcia – Abu Garcia is a Swedish company. It is one of the most popular fishing tackle companies in the world to make reels of all kinds for all different skill levels and fishing types.
- Frabill – Frabill is a fishing gear manufacturer that has been around since 1938. They have specialized in ice fishing and make high-quality ice fishing reels and other products.
- Piscifun – Piscifun is a relative newcomer to the fishing industry as they only began selling fishing products in 2013. The company makes reels of all kinds for different kinds of fishing.
- Okuma – Okuma is a producer of all types of fishing gear, from apparel, to reels, to rods. They also are producing reels for all purposes in any type of fishing.
- Quantum – Quantum is a company that’s been established in 1984 that makes fishing gear for all purposes. Different types of fishing they are making a number of good reels.
- Mitchell – Mitchell is a fishing gear manufacturer. Its headquartered is in Rye, New York. They are specialized in producing quality spinning reels.
- Sougayilang – Sougayilang is a fishing manufacturer which is located in China. They also make only high-quality reels at a very affordable price.
The 3 Best Spincast Reels For Bass Fishing 2018
|Pflueger President Spincast Fishing Reel||5.0/5.0|
|Zebco ZB310BX3 Bullet Spincast Reel||4.4/5.0|
Pflueger Trion Spincast Reel
1.) Pflueger President Spincast Fishing Reel
As you begin to inspect Pflueger President spincast reels, you’ll notice three different models. The larger reel is a spincast model that sits above the rod. The lighter two reels have the same size spools, but one is a underspin model. It’s basically the same as the spincast reel, but its design puts it below the rod like a spinning reel. Here are the three models by number. Note that Pflueger annotates the underspin model with the letter U.
- PRES6USCX • PRES6SCX • PRES10SCX
Pflueger President Spincast Specifications
For all practical intent, the specs of the lighter 2 models are the same. The only difference is where the reel will sit on the rod. An important spec to know for sure, without getting a combo. The USCX is the underspin reel, which will match to a spinning rod. Go with the other two President spincast reels, and they’ll take a casting rod. Mechanical specs of President spincast reels fall to 5 bearings. All models feature an instant anti reverse and have a drag dial on the bottom.
For specification differences, there’s only two size options. Size 6 Pflueger President spincast reels hold mono line as light as 4 pounds, with 145 yards of length. You can wrap 6 or even 8 pound mono line on these spools though you lose yards with thicker test. It’s the same thing with the size 10 model, it just starts with a larger spool. The larger size 10 Pflueger President spincast reel spools 90 yards of 8 pound mono. It will take 10 and up to 12 pound test.
Aluminum frames on President spincast reels serve both to protect the insides and to keep the weight down. Looking at the underspin model, it weighs just slightly more than its spincast counterpart at 9 ounces. The smaller spincast model weighs 8.6 ounces, nearly the same. If you’re looking at the heavier spincast it moves up slightly to 11.2 ounces. Pflueger President spincast reels have a decent retrieve rate that’s neither on the fast or slow side. Gear ratio of the smaller models is 3.4:1. The larger SCX10 models reels a little faster with a ratio of 3.8:1.
2.) Zebco ZB310BX3 Bullet Spincast Reel
I have been using a couple spincast (Daiwa and Abu Garcia) when I wanted to fish but my hands needed a break.
All spincast reels have had issues that I didn’t like…lack of power, bulky, slow retrieve, couldn’t use Superline, etc, etc,.
Then through a buddy in the industry, I heard about the NEW for 2017 Zebco Bullet. So I decided to buy one and try it.
All I can do is rave about this Zebco…it sure isn’t Grandma’s spincast any more….
Needless to say, I now own 2.
This reel destroys all the bad things about spincasts….I have used it 6 times so far and I have retired all of my baitcaster and spinning reels.
I mainly fish swimbaits, curly tails, and other swimming plastics for Crappie and Walleye….some cranks, chatterbaits, etc., for Bass.
This reel will handle them all.
With 29 inches of retrieve per handle turn, a baitcaster speed and power, 9 bearings, ZERO drag pickup pins, all weather handle grip, and ability to use braid…this thing is a Monster.
I can now burn plastics, or still slow them down to a crawl…the all metal construction and brass gears, allow you to pull in a 12 pound Channel like it was a nice Crappie…loosen the drag and you can play with Crappie also.
It comes with 2 spools, both have fireline…I immediately took it off and spoiled Seaguar Smackdown…the reel is perfect for great braid. Casts and handling are flawless so far.
3.) Pflueger Trion Spincast Reel
The Pflueger Trion doesn’t really show off a lot of technology in its construction. It’s a no nonsense reel with the staple spinning reel components. Sure click bail, 4-6 ball bearings, removable aluminum handle, solid aluminum spool, titanium roller, soft-touch grip, threaded main gear for no-slip performance and smooth multi-disc drag.
It feels solid in your hand. The 20 size weighs 5.9 ounces and the 30 size weighs 8.6 ounces. Both size reels fish smoothly out of the box. The drag adjusts easily on the fly or during a fight with its top of the spool design. The bail clicks open and closes easily on the cast. Line comes off the reel well thanks to a beveled edge.
I hope this review might have helped you to choose the best spincast reel for bass fishing 2018, If you have planned fishing in saltwater then must read our review of best spincast reels for saltwater 2018 here on our site.